About Shoes

Home Forums Men’s Fashion Tips About Shoes

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  buzzkillpop 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Rob
    Keymaster

About Shoes

buzzkillpop

“*Why are Goodyear welted shoes superior?*” That’s a bit of a loaded question. I don’t find Goodyear welted shoes superior. I prefer blake-stitched, overwhelmingly so. Thus, the question is/can be opinion based. What they don’t say about GYW shoes is that they are heavier and clunkier than their sleeker, thinner blake-stitched counterpart. What makes blake-stitched shoes ‘inferior’ to GYW shoes is precisely what allows them to be significantly more comfortable for the wearer. My blake-stitched shoes fit my feet like a slipper. They are *extremely* light-weight shoes, especially compared to my AE strands which almost feel like I’m wearing bricks by comparison.

Sure, GYW shoes will/can last a lifetime. However, as far as comfort goes (and being fashion-forward), blake-stitched shoes win by miles in my opinion. Don’t get me wrong, I love my Strands. But after 4 years, I find myself reaching for my Italian shoes 9 times out of 10 purely from a comfort standpoint. 10 out of 10 times if I’m going to be gone from my home for more than a few hours (or I know I’ll be doing a lot of standing/walking).

gentwithin

Quickly skimmed thru. Looks like a fantastic resource. Going to save for future reference. Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Celebrity Style: