Die, Workwear: One Thing We Can Agree On

Home Forums Men’s Fashion Die, Workwear: One Thing We Can Agree On

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  bonelesslollipop 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Rob
    Keymaster

Die, Workwear: One Thing We Can Agree On

bonelesslollipop

TL;DR: no matter what your style is, an overcoat probably works. They are cool and everyone likes them. Equator folks be sobbin.

pipkin42

We get it, Derek. You love overcoats.

I do too, of course, but it really seems like he writes about them a lot.

Chas_Tenenbaums_Sock

The coat in that second pic *SHA-WWWINNNNGGGG*

notanyoneyouthink

Herringbone coats are simply gorgeous

stumpdumb

Another solid article. I especially like that they don’t skimp on the pics.

AtomicDynamo

>Whereas traditional overcoats once seemed out-of-touch, shoulder-hugging coats now look out-of-date.

I am still seeing many slim fitting coats that hit well above the knee. Even plenty of his examples fit this description. Maybe I’m out of style, but I don’t think slim fit coats look outdated.

Also, as a slightly smaller than average man, I have yet to try on an oversized coat without feeling like I am playing dress up in my dad’s clothes. I certainly don’t subscribe to the slim-fit-everything philosophy, but wearing a looser coat is not as easy as he makes it sound.

sacredshinobi

Genuine question. I already have a heavy duty Carhartt jacket that I got for very cold weather. Would there be any situation where I’d want to use an overcoat instead of the Carhartt?

I like to keep my wardrobe as minimalist as possible, and couldn’t justify two articles of clothing that serve the same purpose. Especially when i’m in Texas and it happens so rarely. Trying to build my wardrobe for the first time so feedback is appreciated 🙂

[Picture of the Carhartt in question](https://i.imgur.com/bECtf45.jpg)

[Link to the Jacket](https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/carhartt-mens-full-swing-armstrong-active-jacket-16cttmfllswngrmstapob/16cttmfllswngrmstapob)

cbizz23

Does anyone know of coats like [this one from Epaulet](https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0184/4436/products/Quincy_Fit_1alt_1024x1024.jpg?v=1505752630)? I’m looking for I guess a car coat with buttons in a boucle sort of wool (not a fan of herringbone). I haven’t been able to find anything but would be really interested in one!

therealpeterpann

Uptons_BJs

I have to be one of the few people who doesn’t like the overcoat.

I hate winter, I hate the snow, I hate the wet, and I hate the piercing cold.

An overcoat keeps the cold out, but wool and the longer length does not do well with moisture. I hate how, the busy streets are covered in slush, and all it takes is a passing car to splatter it all over you.

The moment I get a whiff of snow, I put on my Spyder ski jacket, just swap the inner fleece layer depending on how cold it is. I like to complete the look with a ski mask and a pair of heavy duty gloves

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Celebrity Style: