Do you fold or hang your shirts/sweaters and which type of hangers do you use?

Home Forums Men’s Fashion Tips Do you fold or hang your shirts/sweaters and which type of hangers do you use?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  thewandererhere 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Rob
    Keymaster

Do you fold or hang your shirts/sweaters and which type of hangers do you use?

Omegeria

I use that really quick fold for tees. Search up three second fold on youtube and a howto vid should pop up. Fold sweaters normally.

If something gets especially wrinkled, I’ll hang it on my baseboard the night before. Yes I choose my fits the night before.

s3ri3s1

For my lighter sweaters, I roll them up on a shelf. Keeps the wrinkles out, and you don’t get the hanger marks

doncrowdme

* fold shirts
    * hang sweaters and I use the traditional wooden hangers

Tyrant_Flycatcher

I use plastic hangers for everything, but lately I’m considering buying wooden hangers for my shirts.

I’ll keep the plastic ones for my pants.

Never hang knitted garments, unless you want to stetch/ruin them.

DubbyThaCZAR

I Hang all my tops including sweaters but i only fold them if theyre knitted due to the fact of stretching.

All my hangers are wooden except for the one holding my ’94 GAP hoodie.

Stormhammer

If it buttons up ( i.e. polos, henleys, dress shirts ) hangers. I use thin velvet ones to save space.

Regular tee? Folded

StrangeSniper

I only hang buttoned shirts and outerwear.

Weary_Mudokon

Am I the only one who folds and then hangs their long sleeve shirts like sweaters ?

thewandererhere

Hang button shirts, fold sweaters; IKEA wooden hangers.

Aeschylus_

In general if you don’t have a sweater hanger you should fold them. Things that are knit in general do not like to be hanged.

Shirts that are woven I hang in wooden hangers I got off amazon because I like the aesthetic.

Suits make sure you hang on a suit hanger.

AwonW

I usually hang sweaters like [this](https://www.huffpost.com/entry/hang-sweaters-without-strething_n_6700258) and haven’t had any issues, but folding is probably still better tbh.

idkzhao

Strix780

Knit stuff (sweaters, polos): drawers or shelves.

Woven stuff (office shirts, suits): hangers.

the__storm

Fold t-shirts, sweaters, and stuff that I don’t wear very often (formal shirts). Hang casual shirts, to save on ironing. I just use plastic hangers (and a few wooden hangers for suits and jackets).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Celebrity Style: