Going to Japan to visit a trouser manufacturing facility and I need your help!

Home Forums Men’s Fashion Tips Going to Japan to visit a trouser manufacturing facility and I need your help!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  AllisViolet22 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Rob
    Keymaster

Hey MFA,

I’ve been developing a pant brand for my retail and wholesale operation, and I’m visiting the factory next week in Japan. I wanted to do a ‘How it’s Made’ style video and wondered if there were any shots or questions you would want to see or ask the designer/tailors.

So far, here are a few of the questions I’ve come up with:

How long does it take to make a pair of pants?
    What separates your pants from the competition?
    What is the benefit to manufacturing in Japan? Difficulties?

For context, they are a longstanding pant company based in Kyushu, and serve primarily the mid to high end market, and make traditional Italian style trousers with unique Japanese fabrics.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also, for anyone wondering, a new lookbook should be out in the next week or so.

Thanks in advance~

AllisViolet22

No questions from me, but I’m curious about the brand! I’m up in Tokyo.

HangoutWanderer

With woolen pants there is a common problem of pilling on areas of the garment that rub together, do you do anything to counter this?

What is the most interesting/unique fabric you have used in a pair of pants?

Do you prefer double pleat or single pleat?

How big should the space be between a man’s pair of shoes and his trousers be?

Do you produce matching suit jackets for the pants?

Where do you source your wool? (Or do the fabric makers source it?)

If you could only wear one pair of pants all year, what pair would you pick?

Let me know if you need any translation, as a lover of pants and resident of Japan I’d be happy to help.

XavierWT

I’d like to hear trouser maker’s point of view on the proper rise for a men’s pair of trousers, and their tricks to cater successfully to the wildly different body types of different demographics.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Celebrity Style: