I want to order from a European store’s (Cortefiel) website but there is conflicting info relating to size guides. Please help.

Home Forums Men’s Fashion Tips I want to order from a European store’s (Cortefiel) website but there is conflicting info relating to size guides. Please help.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  kysboikpop 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Rob
    Keymaster

Hey good folks of /r/malefashionadvice. This is my first post on here, so my apologies if this is the wrong place for a question such as this.

I am living in the UK and came across a store, Cortefiel, when I was recently in Spain on holiday. This brand does not have any stores in the UK so I can’t call into them and ask. Hoping some European posters on here might know how to guide me on trouser sizes.

I wear a 30 inch waist for trousers. When I look [here](https://cortefiel.com/gb/en/men/trousers/slim-fit-chinos/1234587.html?dwvar_1234587_color=33#prefn1=fitWeb&prefv1=Chinos&start=1) on their website I see a size guide with a seemingly arbitrary unit for waist measure. The smallest size they have for their trousers is ’38’ which shows 78 below it. I am going to guess that 38 is most definitely not inches, but does this mean that the 78 is centimetres? … which is roughly a 30 inch waist I think. In Spain, people tend to be slimmer and a little smaller than the UK, so I’m guessing this is unusual for the smallest size carried to be in 30 inches.

Also, when I saw [this size guide](https://www.houseofbruar.com/guide-to-sizing/) on another site after googling around for EU size conversions, I see that (to extrapolate from the guide shown) a 30 inch waist is ’46’. Which conflicts with the above.

I’m just generally confused about what exactly these European sizes are – as in what units they’re in and what the equivalent of a UK 30 inch waist is.

Thank you for any help with this.

kysboikpop

30′ waist is A 78 cm in eu

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Celebrity Style: