Ladies with epilepsy help a girl out please

Home Forums Women’s Fashion Tips Ladies with epilepsy help a girl out please

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  phoenix_siren 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Nana

I also posted in r/Epilepsy. I’m having an ambulatory EEG done. For those who don’t know what this test is, an EEG is a test that measures brain wave activity. They glue a bunch of wires to your head and the leads register brain electrical activity. An ambulatory EEG is an EEG that you wear out and about for a couple days. So, I’m wandering around my city with wires glued to my head and a white mesh sock type deal over the whole shebang.

I can’t really miss work, but I would really rather not scare small children or knock a lead loose. Help

phoenix_siren

See if work will allow you to wear a beanie hat while you’re hooked up and looking like an alien. Beanies and any type of button down shirt are my lifelines when I have my 72 hour EEGs. Good luck and condition first when trying to get the glue out!

citygirldc

No personal experience, but I saw a woman doing this and she was wearing a kerchief on her head and it looked really cute! I was so taken by the kerchief it took me a minute to even notice the wires.

ShlugLove

I had one of these done! It was actually kind of fun. People kept coming up to us asking why I had wires on my head. My brother, who was with me, came up with the best response:

“My sister is testing a new iPod. She can just think the song and it plays in her head.”

This was >10 years ago. People believed him! His deadpan wit is something to envy.

I don’t have fashion advice better than that from others here. Just wanted to share my ambulatory EEG experience. I didn’t attempt to hide the wires aside from a hat. There were just too many wires. I felt like covering them would be more cumbersome.

tyrannosaurusregina

laurasaurus5

Try a [headwrap](https://pin.it/ddh6h3i4bq5oyv) with a pretty scarf. [Or this way](https://pin.it/a66ws2taddtxqr) with it wrapped like a bun.

sweadle

I had one of those. It was so uncomfortable and really awful not to be able to shower or get comfortable to sleep.

Besides wearing a beanie, I don’t think there are many solutions for how weird it will look. The wires coming out of your scalp are hard to hide. Best I can suggest is to wear a hoodie with the hood up when you go out.

plasticenewitch

No advice but good luck with your EEG!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Celebrity Style: