Looking for Advice: Finding Tops & Bras When You Have Asymmetrical Breasts

Home Forums Women’s Fashion Tips Looking for Advice: Finding Tops & Bras When You Have Asymmetrical Breasts

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  50shadesoflipstick 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Nana

Hey FFA! I’m a long time lurker and I’ve seen all the great advice you ladies give 🙂 I’m posting this because of my endless frustration about my asymmetrical breasts limiting the tops I can wear! I haven’t really been able to find advice for this.

​

My breasts have always been two different sizes. It’s large enough that unless I wear some sort of insert on my smaller side, you can definitely tell (backed up by multiple loved ones I’ve asked). I’ve always been SUPER self-conscious about this. I can basically cover it up with most bras by using an insert, but the one I’ve found that’s the right size is wearing out. I’ve been to the local specialty bra shop, but they didn’t have any inserts or bras that fit this, so I’ve been looking online too.

​

My problem is that there’s so many tops I would love to wear, but because of the size difference, stick-on bras, strapless bras, etc, never fit properly because of my smaller side. So, I can’t really wear any off-the-shoulder tops, strapless tops, bodysuits, etc, since I do not feel comfortable going braless.

​

I saw that this website, Thirdlove, has bras for ladies with my problem and was wondering if anybody has any experience with them? [https://www.thirdlove.com/collections/asymmetric](https://www.thirdlove.com/collections/asymmetric)

​

If there’s any tips/tricks/product recommendations you’d like to pass on, I’d love to hear them! Thanks again 🙂

​

50shadesoflipstick

I work as a bra fitter and the plunge fit is made with exactly that issue in mind! I have many clients that either have naturally assymetrical breasts, or have had a surgery, so I simply use the insert pockets to even out the cups and it works! Also, check out /r/abrathatfits sub, the ladies over there surely will be able to point you in the right direction. 🙂

so_many_opinions

Something that can help is looking at how your tops lay across your chest. My breasts are asymmetrical as well, as most people’s are, it’s not as noticeable when I’m wearing a bra because I buy very padded ones. But I notice with some cuts the neckline will be a bit higher on one side. I make sure to adjust and cheat the neckline on the other side to give the illusion that they’re the same size. It’s hard to explain but does seem to have a visual impact.

megisagem

next week I am going in for a unilateral mastectomy. While I will be getting some inserts for my bras, I assume that I will just start wearing a lot of boxier tops and no more plunging neck lines. I find that looking for fashion inspiration for asymmetrical/post-mastecomy has been quite tough!

speakstruth

I have the classic contour plunge from Third Love and it’s very comfortable but I’m not using it for the reason you are looking to. My issue is I have narrow shoulders. That said, this particular bra has removable inserts and Third Love was great about all the exchanges I did to find the right size (and exchanges are free!).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Celebrity Style: