Looking for fall button downs and dark colors

Home Forums Men’s Fashion Tips Looking for fall button downs and dark colors

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  D3themightyfucks 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Rob
    Keymaster

I’m coming to you all since I’m having some trouble finding fall clothes that fit my personal tastes. My local area has a decent amount of stores to choose from, but it’s hard for me to get out and just shop. I do a lot of searching online, but can’t seem to really find what I’m looking for. I used to buy shirts at JCPenney, but they have closed down the store in our area long ago. Their selection hasn’t changed in years though and I’ve exhausted the color options.

Here’s my favorite type of shirt: https://www.jcpenney.com/p/stafford-travel-wrinkle-free-stretch-oxford-long-sleeve-dress-shirt/ppr5007240619?pTmplType=regular

I wear a 17.5 / 34-35 fitted with that shirt. XL in most other shirts. Big thing I like about the shirt is the buttoned collar and good length. It’s a must for me. I find most button down shirts in Target/etc to be too short or too roomy between sizes, which makes it uncomfortable.

I’m really trying to find similar shirts in darker colors for fall (and all year I guess). I really like red/ and yellow/black plaid shirts. I also love dark grey. Like charcoal grey. I wish that Stafford made their shirts in a simple dark charcoal color like this: https://www.target.com/p/men-s-long-sleeve-standard-fit-solid-northrop-poplin-button-down-shirt-goodfellow-co-153/-/A-54158086

It’s my goal this year to start dressing better and defining my personal style. I know I can dress better than I currently do. Thanks for any help you can provide!

D3themightyfucks

In. I’m similar size (usually a Large), and my biggest hurdle is finding shirts that are long enough. J. Crew Tall sizes are ok but they require me taking them to a tailor to actually fit. Plus the options become quite limited once you filter for Tall sizes. If these shirting companies would just add 2-3 inches to the bottom length, all my problems would be solved… 🙂

I’d love to be able to find my “the shirt.” Closest I’ve found is somewhere with Brooks Brothers, playing with adjusting between their different cuts (Milano, etc.) and sizes (large, XL). If you haven’t tried them yet I’d give it a shot.

AgentGman007

The best fitting button down in terms of length that I’ve found is a Chambray button up shirt in XLT from Land’s End. I’m 6′ 5″

Boss_831

For fall plaid shirts at that price point I’d recommend Lands End or possibly L.L. Bean.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Celebrity Style: