My cousin gave me his used, white Lululemon shirt. I love it, and I’m starting to think 60 bucks is worth it, but my rational side says, “no, this is ridiculous for an undershirt.” Is there anything that comes close to the awesomeness of this plain white tee?

Home Forums Men’s Fashion Tips My cousin gave me his used, white Lululemon shirt. I love it, and I’m starting to think 60 bucks is worth it, but my rational side says, “no, this is ridiculous for an undershirt.” Is there anything that comes close to the awesomeness of this plain white tee?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  drvo 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Rob
    Keymaster

My cousin gave me his used, white Lululemon shirt. I love it, and I’m starting to think 60 bucks is worth it, but my rational side says, “no, this is ridiculous for an undershirt.” Is there anything that comes close to the awesomeness of this plain white tee?

drvo

Their 5-year T is my favourite t shirt hands down.

skullcutter

Lulu shit lasts a long ass time. High price but high quality and durability

SunDevils321

As long as you don’t overdue it and start buying them in every color. Absolutely nothing wrong w spending for quality and cotton. You literally go the entire day wearing clothes. It gets its worth.

Similar to a bed. Why not spend for a very nice bed. You spend 1/4 of your life in it!

zachthespook

60 bucks for a white t shirt is a no go for me. Pits would be stained quickly if you use anti-perspirant or just sweat a lot. If you like the fit and feel that much, then I’d go for a neutral color that could take that discoloration without it actually being seen.

thebrocraticmethod69

I’ve had a lot of good luck with the Pair of Thieves brand. I think they’re available online as well as in some Target stores.

ATLrising1

As an undershirt, I have Mr Davis and they’re pretty nice. I think they’re about $25-$30

centurion44

I am acquiring Reigning Champ Tees and am now slowly acquiring some Rhone Mako shorts. These are what I wear to the gym and occasionally the shirts out and about. They’ll last a long time, fit me really well, feel good, and have super low key, not super recognizable branding. . That’s worth a lot to me personally. If you gain utility from having nice basics, then have nice basics. I like having a simple, repetitive, but high quality wardrobe and am slowly retooling it to that sort of minimalism. I hunt sales though, which makes the acquisition all the sweeter imo.

I wouldn’t buy super expensive white tshirts though. They inevitably get stained and ruined for me. And then bleaching it to fix it is usually terrible for the garment so you won’t get the longevity to make it worthwhile. I have like a cheap uniqlo cotton white T and wear like jockey undershirts.

AllOfAustrailia

I’ve grown to appreciate Lululemon over the past few years and absolutely love some of their products. I own a two sweatshirts (one hoodie, one crewneck), two tanks, a T-shirt, some sweats, the linerless shorts, the ABC pants and the underwear.

The two things that I’ve found to be worth every penny have been the underwear and the ABC pants. The t’s, tanks and sweats are great but I haven’t found them to be worthy of buying at full price but definitely worth it if they’re on sale.

The ABC pants are absolutely unreal in terms of comfort and I’ve found that they’re significantly better than similar priced “active khakis” like golf pants from Nike or UA. Or at least that’s how I justify buying them!

redaloevera

I own a ton of 5 year basic ts, metal vent techs and the likes from lululemon. Cotton quality is definitely superior. No question about it. However if you think this tshirt will last 5 years, you are mistaken. Most of my 5yr basics either get stretched out, bacon necked, and just not holding up after 2 years. YMMV.

currngton

My fiancé is all about comfort and loves the Pair of Thieves line from Target (super soft and good length)

jagarrett

Lulu stuff is expensive, but you do end up with some really solid clothes for what you spend. I’ve got a pair of ABC pants (the hype is real. I wear them around the house, in the office, and just about anywhere), their standard athletic shorts, and a charcoal tee. I love all three of them.

I don’t know if I’d ever want anything in white from them, though. My wife has one of their white tees, and it does have stains that refuse to go away.

If you want longevity, go black, charcoal, or navy, imo.

fahadm023

Man my younger brother totally swears by this brand. It’s insane haha

danhakimi

Some of it will go on sale some of the time.

balbizza

Get a pair of their liner shorts. Feels amazing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Celebrity Style: