Office Styles by Esquire Magazine

Home Forums Men’s Fashion Tips Office Styles by Esquire Magazine

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  CunningRunt 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Rob
    Keymaster

Office Styles by Esquire Magazine

CunningRunt

Just recently I noticed The Rules section of this sub, and the first rule that says:

1) Be respectful and civil

I respectfully and civil-y say that those REALLY CROPPED gray patterned trousers with the white socks and black shoes looks *really* fucking stupid.

chalk_phallus

I kinda hate all of it

danhakimi

The mostly business shoes are sneakers. Even the doc martins in the creative outfit are dressier than that. That’s weird.

I’m also not thrilled by the polos everywhere. They look fine here, but… it’s kinda odd they didn’t recommend any button up shirts.

But the looks here work

pieface777

Some decent advice but layering a graphic tee under an unbuttoned button down shirt isn’t really for the office IMO. More of a general guide to dressing oneself, but a decent one at that.

BabylonBC

The styles and items selected are absolute garbage imo. Not at all what I would consider “nice styles” for office/business. The shoes especially are the worst of the recommended items.

APoorGatsby

These looks seem good for someone like me: early-mid 20s, works in immigration law (as a legal assistant, not attorney), isn’t client facing, works downtown and goes out after work. However, I don’t know if I’d feel super comfortable wearing those pants as excessively cropped as they are. That fit with the striped sweater is beautiful, though.

Sancho34

Anyone know a reasonable priced version if the long sleeve blue and white polo? I’m digging the colour scheme on a long sleeved polo, but not at 185 bucks.

Super Heavyweight Rugby by Sports D'Epoque (Handmade 12-Gauge Rugby – Argentina 1965)

funobtainium

As someone who worked from home for years, I can attest to the cushiness of Bombas socks.

(But shoes would be unnecessary. They got the sweatpants right.)

JoinTheRightClick

cropped pants with socks doesn’t really work in my opinion. Nothing against cropped pants or socks. Just not both together at the same time.

FireLordEustace

If you have to wear a suit to work, you can’t wear a damn polo underneath it.

TheDapperDoctor

This is the dumbest guide for anything that has ever been made.

Conanbranch

A dig outfit three, but the rest is pretty meh.

josher56

I knew this was going to be bad going in but a huge graphic tee in the first example lol…

Tyrant_Flycatcher

I have a sneaky feeling that this article is trying to [sell me something](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0K5s7-k9cs)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Celebrity Style: