Suits: Brooks Brother vs. Suitsupply

Home Forums Men’s Fashion Tips Suits: Brooks Brother vs. Suitsupply

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TaDaDadaDodo 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Rob
    Keymaster

Open to thoughts on how their suits compare.

And how the SS Napoli compares to the BB Milano.

TaDaDadaDodo

Styleforum has fairly high marks for BB suiting. Check out their suit spreadsheet for tons of comparison.

buckeye2114

I can’t speak to BB but I have an SS Napoli that is fantastic for the price range, fits near perfectly and always feel like a million bucks in it.

throwaway5884609

Suit Supply if you want to look cool, BB if you want to get a lot of wear out of it. SS is more on trend style wise but BB has a long tradition of suitmaking and an older clientele who knows what to look for and won’t be fooled. But if you only need to wear it a few times a year (maybe two weddings and a couple job interviews or something like that) SS is fine and it’s ok to want to look more on trend.

sunlandia21

I work for BB. BB is better, SS might be more convenient. I equate SS with the new BB MTO stuff but a cheaper price and not quite as good.

Uptons_BJs

Milano is not a line, but a cut. Milano is essentially slim fit for brooks brothers, and is their take on the Italian fashion suit.

Suit supply main line is somewhere around the quality of brooks brothers 1818, maybe a bit lower since brooks has better construction, but then, regular priced brooks brothers 1818 is a lot more than suitsupply usually

mr_ralph_furley

BB 1818 is considerably better quality.

thwawy753

No idea how Books does suits.

That’ being said, suit supply does not do separates. So if you’re like me and are a weird size you’ll be SOL getting a decently priced suit there. I’m a 46 short jacket and a 32 waist — their paired pant for a 46 is like…40. Big enough they wouldn’t even tailor it down. I had to go custom, which was not worth the price tag.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Celebrity Style: