Sutro Ellington Boot (Mahogany) – Leather Quick Review: It’s bad

Home Forums Men’s Fashion Tips Sutro Ellington Boot (Mahogany) – Leather Quick Review: It’s bad

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Metcarfre 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Rob
    Keymaster

Sutro Ellington Boot (Mahogany) – Leather Quick Review: It’s bad

Metcarfre

LMAO at that shit leather

tbiko

Purchased via Huckberry which fortunately has a great shipping and return policy.

From a distance, these look great. The shape was excellent on my foot. No perceived comfort issues walking a few steps to the mirror on carpet. Fit runs true-to-size to about a half size big, depending on size of socks you plan on wearing. But from the second I opened the box I knew these were going back.

Not much to say about the leather that you can’t see in the pictures. I’ll keep new shoes with scuffs or small scratches because I know I’ll end up creating a few of my own, but I’ve never seen anything like this on a new pair.

Tyrant_Flycatcher

Lately a lot of mexican shoemakers began to pop up. John Doe, Sutro, Unmarked, Miles & Louie, Scott & Lowe.

And shortly after a review showing a shitty delivered pair will also appear. It’s sad to see that most of these brands don’t realize how a shitty pair of boots can permanently damage their reputation. Goodyear welted shoes are sought after by a limited number of people. Up and coming brands are promoted via word of mouth (or internet posts).

There’s a lot of leather crafting tradition in Mexico. Why we’re still trying to pass shitty products as quality boggles my mind.

Out of these brands, I’ve only seen Miles & Louie and Unmarked in person. M&L seems to have good quality. I’ll buy a pair of chukkas in the future, we’ll see.

edit: I forgot Scott & Lowe

achosid

I opened the link expecting to see not-great leather and assume you were overblowing it.

It’s worse than I could have imagined.

leftybanks

Hey, if pre-distressed jeans are a thing, why not for boot leather? /s

MFA_Nay

> : It’s bad

Lmao.

Cheers for the review. And that leather, geez.

Oliverppls

Lol I’ve seen stuff like this before. Although I wouldn’t wear them, I always just figured it was a stylistic choice by the design team.

This is unfortunate, I would contact the manufacturer. I got a pair about 3 weeks ago and they looked nothing like this, they use top grain leather (I think.) my pair was absolutely nothing like this and I have no complaints at all.

PsychoWorld

Post this to goodyearwelt!

IDGAFOS13

Not surprised. Cheap copy of a good boot.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Celebrity Style: