TED Talk: Dressing for Confidence and Joy

Home Forums Women’s Fashion Tips TED Talk: Dressing for Confidence and Joy

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  haraamalaikum 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Nana

This was a good pick me up this week and I thought this sub would appreciate the message.

“Who am I? How am I going to show up I the world today?”

haraamalaikum

This is tough with depression when I just reach for the most comfortable fabric against my skin and “fashion” is too complex of a concept for the day ahead….

nogiraffetattoo

Well shit. I did not know how much I needed to see this. I didn’t like it at the beginning. Not until it was about 5-6 min in and she started talking about her daughter.

I have a daughter. She looks different. She is different. Her chromosomes are different. I really needed to see this. Thank you.

Rosiotto

I really enjoyed this video. As someone having a simultaneous fashion crisis and identity crisis, this really spoke to me.

paintedonjeans

This was really great, thanks!

AutumnsBrains

I love this. Thanks for sharing.

TelHillLady

Thank you for this, OP. I started wearing what made me happy each day, I blossomed in many ways I never thought were imaginable. I never approach it as how I am going to show up in the world. I don’t care about the world. It’s just what makes me happy.

Her daughter is a gem for sure! Love her!

da_hanzzz

I think our clothing decisions say a lot about who we are, kind of like visually representing ourselves on the outside. It’s a shame that we can’t always wear what we want and I think society has a lot to do with it.

YogiJess

Wow I didn’t think I would be crying this early in the day. I shared with my mom, thank you 🙂

mbaby

“We’re all born naked and the rest is drag”

RepresentativeBag6

Omg, I literally juat saw this yesterday! That’s slightly creepy.

roomofgold

Thanks for this. I love her dress!!! Anyone know what brand it is? (I am guilty of asking people what they’re wearing if I like it! )

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Celebrity Style: