This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by downhomeraisin 1 week, 2 days ago.
December 6, 2018 at 12:07 am #30872
I was surprised this summer by how often I wore Clean Reserve Sel Santal. It smells like vacationing in Greece. You wake up to crisp, white bedsheets, a salty sea breeze blowing through your open window, sunlight trickling in and warming your skin, the smell of your citrus tree on your balcony, and you feel utterly relaxed. This summer I felt fresh and lively with it on, but it seemed more sophisticated than the usual teeny booper scents I’m drawn to, and more interesting than just straight up citrus scents.
I finished my fall and winter fragrances last season (YSL Black Opium and Maison Margiela By the Fireplace), so I’d love to hear what you guys have lined up for this fall season! And what did you wear this summer season?December 6, 2018 at 12:07 am #30873
I wore my HG all summer, Hermès Un Jardin Sur Le Nil. I just got a sample yesterday of Jo Malone Black Cedarwood and Juniper, and I think it’s going to be my wedding perfume as well as my fall go-to. It’s spicy, mossy, and woody—everything I look for in a perfume.December 6, 2018 at 12:07 am #30874
I love indie perfumes! This summer, I’ve been wearing Arcana from Alkemia and Telesthesia from Sixteen92. For this fall, I have a doozy of a list of indie perfumes arriving in the mail this week and the next.
[Hexennacht:](https://www.hexennacht.com/scent-descriptions) Diablo, Old Scratch, Crowley, Hexenhaus, Middle Earth, All Soul’s Night, Mandrake, Papa Legba, The Bell Witch, Belsnickel, Butterbeer, Mochamallow, and Basic Bitch.
[Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab:](https://blackphoenixalchemylab.com/product-directory/) Jack (a pumpkin-y scent), Snake Oil, and Miskatonic University.
[Sixteen92:](https://sixteen92.com/pages/fragrance-catalogue) Baba Yaga and Wicked.December 6, 2018 at 12:07 am #30875
Wait people change fragrances depending on the season? *realizes that I’ll never get this girly shit right*😒December 6, 2018 at 12:07 am #30876
I LOVE Black Opium.
My go-to spicy fall scent is Notting Hill English Laundry. I also like Ralph Lauren Tender Romance, which is a sweeter/softer fall scent.December 6, 2018 at 12:07 am #30877
[deleted]December 6, 2018 at 12:07 am #30878
These are all indies, because smelling like dirt is great and I have yet to find a mainstream house with a good petrichor note.
I spent the summer swapping between Sixteen92’s Keres and Only Children Weep. Notes for Keres are *blood orange, black iris, metallic accord, vetiver, sun-warmed musk, and ISO E Super*. I like Keres for warm nights out and for events: it’s warm, sophisticated, and not overpowered by citrus. Only Children Weep is better for daytime wear, with notes of *sweet tea, azalea, red clay, rhubarb, dry wood, and cement*. It’s bright and energizing upon application, with a soft and warm dry down. I’ve worn it almost every day for the past month, and it’s def put some pep in my step.
For fall, I’m looking forward to a wearing these few: Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab’s Orion (*weathered brown leather, wild fig, Macedonian cedar, fire-red tobacco, pepper, white musk, and cardamom*), Darling Clandestine’s Vardogr (*chamomile, bitter black coffee, hazy Indian musks, sharp herbs and a whip of leather, among other things*), and Sixteen92’s Hessian of the Hollow (*cold iron, frozen fog, petrichor, charred birch, forest mushroom, extinguished fire, and bone ash*)December 6, 2018 at 12:07 am #30879
I’d love to try out one of the Margiela perfumes, the bottle design is so chic and I’ve heard everyone say nice things about the fragrances. I just haven’t found a way to try out samples in the UK and no way I’m risking it by buying the full bottle.
For now I’m using Glossier You (solid perfume) as my every day scent. It’s an unusual neutral perfume IMO and smells really nice on my clothes.December 6, 2018 at 12:07 am #30880
I love citrus, oceanic, and herbal scents for summer woodsy scents, especially cedar, for fall.
This summer, I’ve been wearing a discontinued Aveda Joshua Tree rollerball that was given to me many many years ago. I really didn’t appreciate it when I was a teenager, but it’s really cool!
When it cools off I’ll be pulling out my Serge Lutens Feminite du Bois. It’s predominantly cedar and super cozy.December 6, 2018 at 12:07 am #30881
I’ve been wearing D&G Light Blue all summer long. It’s very subtle, and I can’t even begin to describe it, other than to say “slightly flowery,” lol. I just know that I was ready for something new, wafted the breeze from a lot of scents at Sephora, and chose this one. I do love it now though.
Not sure what I’m going to do for fall, but I do want to try something new. I’ll be lurking here to get some suggestions.December 6, 2018 at 12:07 am #30882
Rolling up in here with my Canadian niche/indie brands, lol.
Spring/Summer vibes: Zoologist Elephant, The Seven Virtues Jasmine Neroli and Orange Blossom, LVNEA Lumen Naturae, Zoologist Hummingbird. I’m pretty typical…fresh and grassy scents, fruits, flowers.
Fall/Winter vibes: LVNEA L’Alchimie, The Seven Virtues Vanilla Woods, Zoologist Civet, Nest Cocoa Woods. These are all pretty different…they have a kind of ‘warmth’ and ‘richness’ in common. Alchimie is spicy, Vanilla Woods is exactly what it sounds like, Civet is musky and golden. The Nest fragrance was a gift and I’m enjoying the rollerball, it’s very chocolatey.
I really want to try the new fragrances from Simons and the box set from Reassembly!December 6, 2018 at 12:07 am #30883
It’s bougie AF, but Tom Ford Soleil Blanc is just hnnnnnnggggg my favorite scent pretty much ever, but *so* summery that I, a person who doesn’t ordinarily swap out fragrances for seasons, won’t wear it any time but summer time. It’s salty, coconuty, and I swear to god there’s a hint of the most pleasant smelling sweat in there too. It’s divine. I’ve already started wearing it even though I’m in the Satan’s Butthole South of the US and it’s still hot AF here, but my fall scent is gonna be Nirvana Bourbon. I bought a roller ball to see if I liked it, and I do, and the rollerball is on its last legs, so I’m probably gonna snag it during Sephora’s event…oh by the way: now is a great time to buy perfume at Sephora. They’re running a promo depending on what tier in the loyalty program you are and you can get at the lowest, 10% off, I think.December 6, 2018 at 12:07 am #30884
I’m really obsessed with this perfume oil “Luminae” from the indie brand Alkemia. It smells like amber, vanilla, and floral incense. The top note smells like buttered popcorn, which really turned me off at first but it mellows out into this delicious caramel musk that blends so well with my natural oils and wears really nicely.
This summer I’ve really been enjoying Gucci Bloom Acqua Di Fiori, it’s definitely got a little bit of that “generic expensive perfume sample in a magazine” mood going on, but it’s a really fresh, green scent with sugary jasmine basenotes that transform really nicely thoughout the day.
For fall I just ordered the solid Glossier You perfume since I was really stunned by how delicious the sample smelled. It’s almost kind of…generic, like it doesn’t have any obvious distinguishable notes, but it smells like when you give one of your girlfriends a hug at the end of the day and you smell the last of the perfume they put on in the morning.December 6, 2018 at 12:07 am #30885
I’m way into indie perfume so this summer I’ve been wearing a lot of Sixteen92 Serres d’Auteuil (the most beautiful, sophisticated, peppery green ferns, roses, and heliotrope) and a custom perfume I had made at The Strange South that has notes of honeysuckle, carnation, kudzu leaf, pink pepper, mahogany, dirt, and blood.
For fall/winter I’m super excited to pull out BPAL Antikythera Mechanism (a super cozy woodsy vanilla and tobacco) and Arcana Holy Terror (dusty, warm, spicy, resinous).
I mean, I have a collection of indie perfumes that’s probably a bit too big, so I rarely wear the same perfume twice in a week, but these are my favorites 🙂December 6, 2018 at 12:07 am #30886
I’ve been obsessed with finding a good rose oil I can layer with some of my other perfumes, but the only one I found I really liked was out of stock (they had the tester still out. And now I can’t remember who the maker was! Something at Whole Foods)December 6, 2018 at 12:07 am #30887
I have been wearing Philosophy Amazing Grace all summer, but can’t wait to go back to my signature, beloved Dior Hypnotic Poison for fall and winter. I found it in high school, and while I stray, I always go back.December 6, 2018 at 12:07 am #30888
I’ve been wearing Hermes Twilly and plan to carry it through the fall.
I have Tokyo Milk Dead Sexy that I no longer like, but there’s so little of it left that I’m determined to just use it up once it gets cooler. The top notes are wood and orchid and when I tried it on in the store, I loved it. But it ended up quickly fading to basic vanilla. Blah!December 6, 2018 at 12:07 am #30889
I love Burberry Brit, year-round. It’s so fresh and classic.December 6, 2018 at 12:07 am #30890
I really want a fragrance with the all of following:
Patchouli, Vervetier, Pink Pepper, Palo santo, Amber, sandalwood, oud
I know this is some heavy shit, I am just a hippy bishDecember 6, 2018 at 12:07 am #30891
Super long and just a tiny bit pretentious as I just went on a new perfume hunt for the summer actually – of course I finished about 2 days ago…and it’s fall next week (I’m also still working on my summer bod haha) so I’m super stoked about this question! As you can tell, I usually like green/clean scents that lean more unisex. So if you have any interest in those scents and wanna discuss, let me know! I’ve probably checked it out or have a sample. Haha.
Also, side note to OP: if you like scents that remind you of experiences, you should check out [CB I Hate Perfume](http://cbihateperfume.com/) (especially Mr. Hulot’s Holiday)
* [Amazingreen (CDG)](https://www.luckyscent.com/product/21628/amazingreen-by-comme-des-garcons) – I LOVE this perfume. If I had a signature scent, it would be this. Before Amazingreen, the only perfumes I ever used was Tommy Girl in the 7th grade (still an awesome, nostalgic scent, BTW). This was my first foray into more niche houses and was actually an FFA rec from 7 years ago! It also is the reason I found Aedes de Venustas as at the time it was harder to find CDG scents as they weren’t carried by Sephora. It’s a super green scent with a hint of gunpowder. It might not be as sophisticated as other scents, but apparently it smells really good on me as it’s the one I get the most compliments on. From NST, notes are: palm tree leaves, green pepper, dew mist, jungle leaves, ivy leaves, orris, coriander, silex, gunpowder accord, vetiver, smoke and white musk
* [Jardin Sur le Toit (Hermes)](https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Herm-s/Un-Jardin-Sur-Le-Toit-11502.html) – Smells like a super green, fruity rooftop french garden. From NST, the notes are: apple, pear, rose, green grass, basil, magnolia and compost
* [Russian Caravan Tea (CB I Hate Perfume)](http://cbihateperfume.com/shop/perfumes-a-to-z/302) – The newest addition to my summer list, although it’s a bit more transitional into fall than something that I’d think of as a real summer scent. Which makes sense as it took forever for me to find a new summer scent that it was basically fall by the time I did. I’d been looking for a tea scent for forever but everything was either too floral or too dark. This one strikes the perfect balance for me. Plus, I love everything CB I Hate Perfume does (he’s the nose behind some of the original Demeter scents and he has an uncanny ability to capture smells of things that…don’t really have a smell LOL) Notes: black tea, bergamot, citrus, smoke (?)
* [Every Storm a Serenade (Imaginary Authors)](https://www.imaginaryauthors.com/product/every-storm-a-serenade/) – I loved the concept behind Imaginary Authors as soon as I read it (they make concept perfumes based off of made up books) but they never really smelled that great to me or like this one, they smelled amazing, but didn’t last long. It smells basically exactly like its concept: “When Stina, a burgeoning writer, decamps to her mother’s summer house for the winter to write a book, her trip overlaps for one day (and one steamy night) with a brawny fisherman named Ulv. While she struggles to gain traction with her novel, her fixation on the mysterious seafarer results in countless unsent letters, the contents of which chronicle the spiraling psyche of lust and longing. Set on the desolate west coast of Denmark during the tourist off-season” LOL. Notes: Danish spruce, eucalyptus, vetiver, calone, ambergris, Baltic sea mist
* [What We Do in Paris is Secret (A Lab on Fire)](https://www.luckyscent.com/product/56701/what-we-do-in-paris-is-secret-by-a-lab-on-fire) – My go to winter scent. This scent is COZY AF. It’s also probably my only non green scent. It makes me feel like I’m cuddled up in a cozy cashmere blanket, eating some fancy dessert with the perfect guy, in front of a fire, in the middle of like the Alps, with snow falling outside. Basically, a holiday movie in a bottle. Smells kinda like marshmallows or baby powder. The nose behind it is Dominique Ropion who did some of my all time floral faves like Carnal Flower and Portrait of a Lady. Notes: Bergamot, honey, lychee, Turkish rose essence, tonka bean, vanilla, heliotrope, tolu, sandalwood, ambergris, musks
* [Gypsy Water (Byredo)](https://byredo.com/gypsy-water-eau-de-parfum-100-ml) – I’m basic, so sue me. Since I lean towards masculine, green, and clean scents, it was super hard for me to find a cold weather fragrance. This one was actually recommended to me by one of the owners of [Aedes de Venustas](https://www.aedes.com/) (my favorite perfume shop in NYC) – I think mostly to get rid of me as I was lingering in their shop petting their puppies for hours. It’s not the most interesting of perfumes but I love it anyway. Notes: bergamot, juniper berries, lemon, pepper, incense, orris, pine needle, amber, sandalwood, and vanilla
December 6, 2018 at 12:07 am #30892
Another indie fragrance lover here! Glad to see that I’m not alone in thinking an outfit isn’t complete until I smell good, too.
Summer was very fresh feeling. I’m in a hot climate, so it’s definitely not the season for anything heavy. Lots of semi-fruity, aquatic, and green scents. My top three were probably **Anthropophagia** from *Arcana Perfumes* (Vanilla-infused pear sorbet with sugarcane, white amber, and a drop of French cognac absolute.), **Cliffside Bonfire** from *Solstice Scents* (Conifers, dry woods, rain, saltwater, seaweed, ambergris (vegan), charred wood, smoke.), and **Mountain Vanilla** also from SS (Sweet Clover, Coumarin, Vanilla Musk, Fresh Green Accord, Poplar Buds, Morning Dew).
Fall gets to be a little smokier and spicier and warm, super excited for all the fall collections! **Pyromancy** is being released on Friday for public sale from *Sixteen92*, got to try it early from a subscription (Green cardamom, fireplace embers, agarwood, smoked tea, white tobacco, hearth smoke). I break out some more gourmand/boozy scents this season too, like **Buzzed** from *Nui Cobalt Designs* that smells like decadent french toast on me (Hearty spiced mead and honey bourbon spilled over sturdy red mahogany, maple wood, simmering brown sugar, and a crush of crystallized ginger.)December 6, 2018 at 12:07 am #30893
I have been loving Margiela’s Tea Escape for Spring and Summer. Think matcha green tea ice cream, so a little earthy and a little sweet. I love it so much I’ll probably wear it all year long, but in the evenings I’ll probably switch to Jazz Club (also by Margiela). It smells exactly like it sounds, like you just emerged from an underground Jazz Club having smoked a cigar while drinking whiskey, neat of course.December 6, 2018 at 12:07 am #30894
I wear most of my perfumes year round, but especially looking forward to wearing these in the fall:
* Serge Lutens Chergui
* Dior Hypnotic Poison
* Dior Addict
* Diptyque Volutes
* L’Artisan Traversee du Bosphore
* Hermes L’Ambre des MerveillesDecember 6, 2018 at 12:07 am #30895
Posting for my girlfriend. She’s been wearing Aventus – Creed (has her own bottle, and yes, the male version. I need to get her nose on the For Her, smells awesome as well), L’Impératrice – Dolce & Gabbana and her new favorite Dylan Blue for her – Versace. She’s also been stealing my Versace Man Eau Fraîche – Versace quite often as well.
She’s got Vanilla Silk – Gallagher Fragrances for the fall (which I admit I steal once in a while, amazing vanilla) and she likes to use my Fève Délicieuse – Dior, Plum Japonais – Tom Ford and Herod – Parfums de Marly (get you nose on this ladies, smells amazing on a confident woman!). We’re also going to go 50/50 on By The Fireplace – Maison Margiela this fall for sure!
I see sixteen92 mentioned a lot on here, never heard of it so I must now check this house out. Thanks for all the other replies, got lots of ideas to share with her.December 6, 2018 at 12:07 am #30896
My summer scent was Dolce and Gabbana light blue Italian Zest ,it is similar to the scent of light blue but with stronger citrus notes , I found it calming and luxurious.
My fall scent may be CK2 unisex perfume , it has a beautiful aqua scent and it seems to pair nicely with a lot of people .last winter I got a lot of compliments!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.