Yesterday I wore a pocket square on my blazer while attending an art exhibit. It was the right occasion to wear one, but I’ve just never felt comfortable and confident (even though it’s a nice fold). I’m curious if you guys have an item from your closet that you like but aren’t confident wearing?

Home Forums Men’s Fashion Tips Yesterday I wore a pocket square on my blazer while attending an art exhibit. It was the right occasion to wear one, but I’ve just never felt comfortable and confident (even though it’s a nice fold). I’m curious if you guys have an item from your closet that you like but aren’t confident wearing?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dobak94 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author

Rob
    Keymaster

Yesterday I wore a pocket square on my blazer while attending an art exhibit. It was the right occasion to wear one, but I’ve just never felt comfortable and confident (even though it’s a nice fold). I’m curious if you guys have an item from your closet that you like but aren’t confident wearing?

mwire45

Black chelsea boots, I almost always wear brown boots and I feel like I don’t know what to wear black shoes with

TigerJas

Hermès ascot. I ended up cutting it up and turning into a pocket square.

DoktorLuciferWong

Three pieces.

I have a really nice jacket by Julius_7 (Neurbanvolker) that I kinda liked, but couldn’t bring myself to wear much. It fits strangely, and I’m probably too muscular to get into it now.

A Julius_7 cardigan (resonance), it’s all-white, so it’s hard to pick things to wear with it. I think all-black, with very skinny pants might work. It’s very loose-fitting, so I’m not afraid of it not fitting, like with the other piece.

A very long raw-edge shirt from Damir Doma. The sides are laced, and gives it an interesting look, but it doesn’t quite work with some of my other stuff.

MockCousteau

I’m the opposite of a lot of folks here. My first job was in a very conservative charcoal or navy suit, white shirt, tie, black shoes kind of place so I’m very comfortable in a suit. I have a problem with sneakers / athletic shoes. Unless I’m going to the gym or biking somewhere I just hate wearing them. And with jeans or chinos? Fuhgeddaboutit.

that_name_has_alread

Shouldn’t really be in your wardrobe if you aren’t confident of it

dobak94

My leather jacket. I always over think what to wear it with, get self conscious because of my small shoulders and think I’m trying too hard

highschoolstyle

This may sound weird but athleisure in general, I hate going outside even if its just to the store in sweatpants. I like too look polished. Jeans and white sneakers is usually a better option for me

XavierWT

Tight pants with a low rise. I used to be all skinny jeans all the time. Now I’m mostly wearing slim-straight pants. My older jeans and chinos still fit but I feel ridiculous.

shepherd-e

Suits in general. I’m pretty young, so my style is much more casual

bigchina7

My black leather jacket comes to mind. I love the look of it, but I always have to wear perscription eyeglasses since my eyesight is awful. I feel like the leather jacket and my glasses don’t mesh well, so it doesn’t make me feel as confident when wearing it.

genghis-san

I have a medium length Burberry trench coat and in an amazing greyish blue color, but I don’t feel like I dress formal enough to wear it sometimes. I feel like I could pull it off under the right occasion I guess.

mr_throwaway_234

I have a couple blazers in my closet that I got too fat for 😭

They still fit okay but I don’t feel too confident when wearing them since it’s a bit tight.

tregunz_

Everything honestly, its quite sad.

Baconality

Anyone who’s concerned with a suit just do it if you own one. They’re designed to make men look thinner taller and stronger.

Skip the tie if that’s a hang up.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Celebrity Style: